Follow us
  >    >  Real Estate

Real Estate

We can meet all of your real estate needs. We represent individuals and business entities in a variety of residential and commercial real estate issues including real estate investment opportunities, acquisitions, sales, mortgages, foreclosures, short sales, and other residential and commercial real estate matters. With our experience and expertise, we can help protect you from costly mistakes and other problems that could lead to litigation or other expensive legal action.

We assist our clients in all aspects of the losing process – from the negotiation of the Purchase & Sales Agreement to the analysis of the Title Exam through the preparation of the conveyance and financing documents and finally to the closing and recording. We are there for our clients and can anticipate and resolve problems often times without delaying the closing.

I am buying a house. Do I need a lawyer?

You do not need to have your own attorney. The lender will choose an attorney to conduct the closing. However, you do have the right to choose your own title attorney to handle the title exam, do the recording and issue the title insurance policy.

Do I need my own lawyer if I am selling my house?

Many people in RI do not use their own attorney when they are selling a house, but it is a good idea to have one. The attorney handling the closing is looking out for the interests of the lender, so it is a good idea to make sure someone is looking out for you. You will want someone to properly prepare the deed transferring the property, to make sure the payoff of your mortgage is correct, and to be sure you are being charged the correct fees on the settlement statement.

What is title insurance and do I need it?

Title insurance is a form of indemnity insurance that protects against financial loss from defects in title to real estate and from the invalidity and unenforceability of mortgage liens. It is meant to protect an owner’s or lender’s financial interest in real property against loss due to title defects, liens or other matters. When buying or refinancing a house, the lender will almost always require that you purchase a title insurance policy to protect its interest. This is known as a lender’s policy. The lender’s policy will remain in effect for the term of the loan. When the loan is paid off the lender’s policy will terminate. When buying a house, it is highly recommended that you purchase an owner’s title insurance policy to protect your interest. You only need to pay the premium once at the closing and the policy will remain in effect for as long as you own the home.

Free Evaluation